Friday 9 January 2015

Schezwan Rice with Sprouts!

I know what you all are thinking, rice and Sprouts?? I agree that it sounds weird but the combination of them is not so bad. It actually tastes good.
I thought of it today itself sitting next to my friend in college. It was 2nd lecture and I was hungry. I knew that I had some sprouts with me in my bag so I kept thinking what I could make from it? I mean that there is so much that you can make out of it but I wanted something that could put my craving for that punch into peace! Then I suddenly remembered that mom had left a bowl of rice at home. Right then it clicked me this recipe.
It was just a thought that I wanted to try and it did not disappoint me.
So where was I? Yes! Then on my way home I bought a jar of ching's schezwan sauce. (yes I could have made this sauce at home but I'm a lazy kind of person you see :P)
When I reached home I started chopping my veggies and prepped for my dish and after finishing, that's how it looked. (I hope you all like it coz I'm not a photographer ;) )



So now I'm going to show you how I made it
(I'm skipping  on the ingredients part as you'll come to know what all things I used in the making below)


  • Chop some vegetables of your choice. I used onions, carrots, capsicum, tomatoes and mushrooms.
  • Pour some oil in the pan and add ginger garlic paste.
  • Saute all the vegetables in that oil and add salt and crushed black pepper.
  • Then add Schezwan sauce and mix.
  • Add your sprouts and rice and season. 
  • Now add soya sauce and lemon juice and mix completely.
  • Serve hot.  
Give it a try. It's perfect for your Sunday brunches and you can make cutlets out of this mixture for a perfect tea time snack (just add mashed potatoes to it).
It's tasty and healthy.
So go go go! And don't forget to tell me how was it. Waiting! ;)    

1 comment: