Monday 15 December 2014

Baby Potatoes In Spicy Gravy



Potato is a very versatile vegetable. What can you not make out of it? From savory type dishes like this one to sweet ones like potato halwa, puddings etc. This one recipe came to me during my vacations, my mom cooked something that I didn't like (oh! did I mention that I'm a fussy eater?) so I had to cook something to calm my butterflies!

This dish is very simple to prepare and tastes amazing. You are in for a treat!
Here's how this is made:


Things You'll need:
Baby potatoes [7-8]
Oil [as required for frying + 1 1/2 tbsp]
Whole spices (green cardamom [2-3], 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon stick, cloves [4-5] ).
Dried red chillies [2-3]
Cumin seeds [1 tsp]
Green chillies [1-2]
Onions [ 1 medium finely chopped]
Ginger Garlic paste [1 tsp]
Tomato puree [1 cup]
Salt [to taste]
Coriander powder [1 tspn]
Garam masala powder [3/4 tsp]
Turmeric [1/2 tsp]
Red chilly powder [1 tsp]
Tandoori mayo(completely optional) [1/2 tsp]
Lemon juice [1/2 lemon]
Fresh coriander [for garnish]

Method:
1. Boil the baby potatoes,peel and then fry them.
2. Take some oil in the pan and then add the whole spices
and dried red chillies .After 1-2 minutes add cumin seeds. Wait for them to crackle and then add onions,green chillies and turmeric.
3. When they turn translucent, add ginger garlic paste.
4. Now add coriander powder, garam masala powder and red chilli powder.
5. Add tomato puree and stir well and then add the tandoori mayo.
6. Allow all the moisture to dry up and when you see the oil coming through the edges add your fried baby potatoes.
7. Add salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
8. Add freshly chopped coriander and serve hot.


You can enjoy this with hot chapatis or even rice tastes wonderful with it. I hope you'll enjoy making this.





5 comments:

  1. I tried it .. i succeed in making it tasty nd delicious.. keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  3. First you have to cook & serve on my next visit.
    Chachu

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this recipe..yumm it was..thanx..looking for more nw..

    ReplyDelete